Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Still no front rack

More than one week, and I still don't have a front rack for my bicycle. A company called Tubus has a steel rack that appears to be disc brake combatible. Arkel has an aluminum rack--just as strong--but it places the load on a higher center of gravity.

Given that the Tubus rack is sold out, it looks like I'll be sticking with Arkel rather than change out my brakes. I promise I will have a decision for myself by Monday. For real this time.

In the meantime, it's been fun and convenient using Arkel's rear panniers. The GT-18's are great due to their size, multiple compartments and quick release attachment mechanism. It definately cuts down the time it takes to prepare for a ride--always a good thing when I have to leave to or from work. It's sort of like throwing everything in the bed of your pickup truck as opposed to carefully placing things in the "trunk" of a '66 Mustang that has a rebuilt '70 Ford pickup truck engine in it. (Did I mention that my bike is like a truck? It is).

So that's where things are. Nicole and I will probably take a leisure ride this evening to stay loose. We have less than five--count -em, five-- weeks to go!

~KM

No comments:

Post a Comment